go to Particls Site    

 


Subscribe

Particls InTouch


 

"Particls is the coolest thing I've seen in quite a while"
Marshall Kirkpatrick

"I could even see my folks getting excited about this"
SuperHelix (User)

"Particls has every chance of becoming [a] standard"
Michael Mahemoff
Software as She's Developed

 

Friday, January 19, 2007

Told ya so... Myspace bans widgets

MySpace banned (and then unbanned) all external widgets from its site. Even though they are now unofficially saying the banning was just an error), I think this was a test balloon to gauge public/industry reaction. I hope the reaction was loud and clear and has changed their thinking - but I fear it won’t hold off the inevitable for long.

Sorry to say it, but I told ya so.

As I've said before, mySpace is not Web 2.0 - it is a more flexible social network. It's SixDegrees.com re-invented with some very clever marketing/tactics in a time where ads can now pay the bills and costs are low.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to updates via RSS

Hosting provided by Howard IT       Particls is designed and developed by Faraday Media